At the world market leader in energy technology, you will contribute to keeping the energy supply stable in the future. With our intelligent digital and analogue solutions, you will help shape the implementation of the energy transition. In a global team of 3,800 committed colleagues, which is characterised by the unique cohesion of our family-run group of companies. Reinhausen - where Power meets Passion.
Transformer Service Project Manager
What challenges can you expect?
The Project Manager responsible for the Sales & Service activities of both the German & USA LTC service projects including profitability and customer satisfaction for all turn-key and T&M related projects within the appropriate region. This position will act as the technical lead and actively quote service projects while assisting the Service and Parts Coordinators in quotations involving transformer related tap changer work including turnkey quotations outside the realm of normal tap changer maintenance. Additionally, the Project Manager will manage select projects after order inception and drives service execution through the invoicing stage while ensuring overall operational excellence and service growth.
- Customer visits as related to increased Service sales activity as per Targets
- Manages multiple concurrent projects, and provides guidance to other project managers and service coordinators
- Develops project plan to establish scope/deliverables, schedule, budget, and, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Develops the project proposal during business development phase, including technical approach, scope/assumptions, schedule, cost, staffing.
- Consults with other managers and project staff to establish work and staffing plans for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Maintains accountability of project success and quality assurance. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, and informs project personnel and senior management in a timely manner of variances from plan.
- Develops, creates, owns and manages the MR Change Order Process
- Reviews deliverables prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Establishes and maintains project filing systems, tracking tools and databases
- Tracks and analyzes project financial results including revenue and cost data and projections.
- Prepares project reports and presents results to management. Confers with project team and other management personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Proactively manages client expectations within limits of established scope, schedule, and cost.
- Effectively negotiates change orders and builds client relationships to achieve growth.
- Manages any project subcontractor relationships. Initiates purchase orders and approves vendor invoices; and coordinates payments with Accounts Payable
- Prepares invoice requests for issuance by Accounts Receivable
- Prepares project closeout and Performance Incentive reports
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- This position will supervise Transformer Technicians both remotely & on-site. Typical staff size approximately 5-15 employees.
- Decision Making
- Strategy Development
- Team Management
- Business Acumen
- Technical Competence
- Critical Thinking
- This job operates in a professional office environment as well as onsite. This role will routinely be exposed to extreme environment elements & conditions such as heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
- This is largely a physical role with frequent need for handling and lifting of equipment to repair, test, & assemble. Climbing, walking, kneeling, bending, and lifting is necessary. Ability to lift a minimum of 35 – 60 lbs. is required.
- Frequent overnight travel is required for this position; approximately 25% travel required
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or specific work history in line with Business Needs and/or a suitable combination of years of experience plus education in transformers, power plant maintenance and service business area required
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience in technical engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in large Power Transformer installation, maintenance & testing preferred
- 3+ years’ experience wiring of electrical systems preferred
- Metal Fabrication experience a plus
- PMP Certification strongly desired
Reinhausen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Reinhausen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This is what we offer. And much more.
Paid Health benefits option: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance for you and your family, and Teladoc services, outstanding HSA Contribution, generous 401k match – Up to 10% of base pay