Reinhausen has been writing success stories for 150 years now – building more intelligence into transformer controllers, developing high-tech insulation materials for high-voltage lines and optimizing power transmission and quality. So you can rely on a secure power supply – whether it be to your business or home. As a global leader rooted in Germany, we make sure our more than 3,500 employees feel at home – the world over. At Reinhausen, we value honesty and smart ideas, turning them into real innovations. Become part of our success story.
Join us for our location in Cambridge, United Kingdom as
Power Electronics Design Engineer (m/f)
- Design, validation and industrialisation of power electronic converter modules (inverter stacks) for low- and medium-voltage applications
- Development and testing of innovative Technology and algorithms for smart converters
- Specification of key power electronic components and datasheet analysis of parts
- Loss analysis and thermal modelling for converter modules, and definition of requirements for the converter cooling System
- Laboratory testing of power converter modules
- Design and maitenance of back-to-back test rigs for validating power converter Technology
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering is preferred)
- 5+ years' experience of power converter design, test, manufacturing and field issues
- Simulation experience of power converters and sub systems, including detailed knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of medium voltage design and control issues
- Experience of architectural option analysis, trade-off and selection
- Ability to present results in a clear and concise manner, including technical Report writing