At the world market leader in energy technology, you will contribute to keeping the energy supply stable in the future. With our intelligent digital and analogue solutions, you will help shape the implementation of the energy transition. In a global team of 3,800 committed colleagues, which is characterised by the unique cohesion of our family-run group of companies. Reinhausen - where Power meets Passion.
Substation Construction - Project Manager
What challenges can you expect?
Reinhausen Manufacturing is looking for a Project Manager to work out of the Mesa, AZ office. The Project Manager will work directly with customers to oversee all aspects of substation construction from bid release through completion. Projects are typically located throughout the Southwest United States with voltages through 500kV. This position will work within a team to ensure each project is completed in accordance with individual customers specifications, as well as within specific time and financial constraints. The position will report directly to department managers, and work to ensure that the overall quality of our projects and performance are representative of the MR brand.
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as onsite. This role will routinely be exposed to extreme environment elements & conditions such as heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
This is largely a physical role with frequent need for handling and lifting of equipment to repair, test, & assemble. Climbing, walking, kneeling, bending, and lifting is necessary. Ability to lift a minimum of 35 – 60 lbs. is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with a minimum of 40+ hours per week.
Frequent overnight travel is required for this position; approximately 25% travel required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Legal authorization to work in the United States. Ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance for government and private sectors is required.
What do we expect from you?
- Customer visits and coordination throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Manages multiple concurrent projects, and provides guidance to other project managers and service coordinators
- Develops project plan to establish scope/deliverables, schedule, budget, and, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Develops the project proposal during business development phase, including technical approach, scope/assumptions, schedule, cost, staffing.
- Consults with other managers and project staff to establish work and staffing plans for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Maintains accountability of project success and quality assurance. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, and informs project personnel and senior management in a timely manner of variances from plan.
- Review deliverables prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required
- Establishes and maintains project filing systems, tracking tools and databases
- Tracks and analyzes project financial results including revenue and cost data and projections. Prepares project reports and presents results to management. Confers with project team and other management personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Proactively manages client expectations within limits of established scope, schedule, and cost. Effectively negotiates change orders and builds client relationships to achieve growth.
- Manages any project subcontractor relationships. Initiates purchase orders and approves vendor invoices; and coordinates payments with Accounts Payable
- Prepares invoice requests for issuance by Accounts Receivable
- Prepares project closeout reports
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or specific work history in line with Business Needs and/or a suitable combination of years of experience plus education in substation construction is required
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience in technical engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in civil and electrical construction of substations through 500kV
- 3+ years’ experience electrical testing of high voltage power apparatus systems preferred
- PMP Certification strongly desired
- Decision Making
- Strategy Development
- Team Management
- Business Acumen
- Technical Competence
- Critical Thinking
This position will work closely with Project Superintendents, both remotely & on-site, to oversee a typical project crew size of approximately 5-15 employees.
Reinhausen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Reinhausen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This is what we offer. And much more.
Paid Health benefits option: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance for you and your family, and Teladoc services, outstanding HSA Contribution, generous 401k match – Up to 10% of base pay
Competitive compensation, annual discretionary bonus, and anniversary bonus payments
Challenging tasks in a system-relevant industry, freedom to shape and make decisions as well as a high degree of personal responsibility, working in an international and innovative environment
$5 per week for snacks and meals from our company market, free water
Annual employee appraisals, training programs, opportunities for advancement