At the world market leader in energy technology, you will contribute to keeping the energy supply stable in the future. With our intelligent digital and analogue solutions, you will help shape the implementation of the energy transition. In a global team of 3,800 committed colleagues, which is characterised by the unique cohesion of our family-run group of companies. Reinhausen - where Power meets Passion.
Quality Assurance Technician
What challenges can you expect?
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for performing appropriate measurement on supplier parts and material for both first piece and serial production to ensure they comply with Quality Management Standards (QMS). The technician teams with the Production facility to resolve all quality issues.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Quality Manager who has dotted line responsibility to Reinhausen in Germany.
This job operates in a professional manufacturing environment. This role will routinely be exposed to loud noises such as air-powered tools/presses, oil/dirt, and forklift traffic. Additionally, this position will require some use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to handle, feel and/or reach. Some lifting of parts may be required when necessary; ability to lift a minimum of 35-50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Regular full-time position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. 2nd Shift.
This position may require a trip overseas or to suppliers in the US.
What do we expect from you?
- Perform receiving inspection/measurement functions to validate that suppliers meet dimensional, finish, material, and functional specifications.
- Create and maintain receiving inspection records to comply with ISO standards.
- Create and maintain Initial Sample and Test Report (ISTR).
- Performs First Piece Inspections/ Measurements and provides data to engineering as part of the supplier validation and approval process.
- Examines non-conforming parts and assemblies to determine disposition and appropriate action.
- Provide feedback and recommend solutions to responsible parties for non-conformance including the supplier or production team.
- Create Quality Notifications in SAP as needed for supplier related part or assembly defects and maintains records to comply with standards.
- Performs calibration tasks including creating and maintaining ISO documentation on all parts, materials and products.
- Ensure all Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Maintain and Manage non-conforming material inventory and ensure it is documented in accordance with QMS standards.
- Organize work area through 5s projects.
- Team with Suppliers, Production Team and Purchasing to resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Perform assessments in Productions and Testing Department to evaluate process adherence and employee training effectiveness.
- Perform process assessments to evaluate process and employee training effectiveness.
- Provide technical assistance or guidance to Production.
- Identify and record defects or issues to appropriate employees for correction and to Quality Assurance Manager for data collection.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Specialist, Quality Manager and Production Managers on any QMS issue or assembly related issues and recommend solutions.
- Be familiar with all product lines produced or utilized in the Reinhausen Humboldt, TN manufacturing processes.
- Attend training required for this position to help the facility produce a quality product.
- Regular and consistent attendance during the core hours of 7AM-4PM Monday through Friday is required.
- Become proficient in the use of the Calypso software.
- Perform backup production auditor on an as-needed basis.
- Perform Statistical Studies on any process or tool used in the manufacturing process.
- Become proficient on all SAP transactions.
Education/Experience preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Experience in an electrical, electronic or mechanical assembly manufacturing environment.
- Ability to learn to read and understand electrical schematics and general drawings.
- Ability to learn to troubleshoot defect symptoms to determine actual cause of problem.
Reinhausen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Reinhausen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This is what we offer. And much more.
Paid Health benefits option: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance for you and your family, and Teladoc services, outstanding HSA Contribution, generous 401k match – Up to 10% of base pay