At the world market leader in energy technology, you will contribute to keeping the energy supply stable in the future. With our intelligent digital and analogue solutions, you will help shape the implementation of the energy transition. In a global team of 3,600 committed colleagues, which is characterised by the unique cohesion of our family-run group of companies. Reinhausen - where Power meets Passion.
What challenges can you expect?
The Substation Technician will work within a team to build, maintain, and make repairs to High Voltage Substations, through 500kV. Work will be performed for a large customer base in the Southwest United States, overseen by the Transformer Service Manager West. Position requires frequent travel; however, the Substation Technician must be based out of the Phoenix-metro area.
- Install conduit, grounding, steel structures, disconnect switches, misc. equipment, bus work, and wiring of equipment. Experience wiring/modifying relay panel installations a plus.
- Operate forklift and manlift, as needed.
- Work with team to identify and resolve problems as they arise in the field.
- Assist project leaders in coordination of jobsite activities.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Must be able to use basic manual and power tools.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What do we expect from you?
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 5 years of substation construction experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret general arrangement drawings, electrical prints, and online diagrams.
- Class A CDL is preferred.
Other Preferred training, skills, knowledge, or abilities:
- OSHA 30
- First Aid, CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens
- Confined Space Entry & Rescue
- Substation Awareness
- Fork Truck & Man Lift (aerial lift)
- Five years substation experience.
- DISA client requirements
- Legal authorization to work in the United States(required)
- Communication Proficiency
- Mechanical skills
- A high level of motivation and the ability to work independently
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Flexibility & willingness to travel (50%)
- Stress Management/Composure
- A team player mentality
- This role is primarily a traveling outside maintenance position. Off-site work at customer sites will be required causing exposure to extreme environment elements & conditions such as heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
- This is largely a physical role with frequent need for handling and lifting of equipment to repair, test, & assemble. Climbing, walking, kneeling, bending, and lifting is necessary. Ability to lift a minimum of 35 – 60 lbs. is preferred.
- Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: 40-50hrs week
Reinhausen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Reinhausen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.