At the world market leader in energy technology, you will contribute to keeping the energy supply stable in the future. With our intelligent digital and analogue solutions, you will help shape the implementation of the energy transition. In a global team of 3,600 committed colleagues, which is characterised by the unique cohesion of our family-run group of companies. Reinhausen - where Power meets Passion.
What challenges can you expect?
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the transportation of products from one location to another, this includes loading docks to warehouses, and warehouse to respective areas through order picking. In addition, this position is responsible for arranging product pickups and deliveries with transportation companies and route drivers accordingly. The WHSE Supervisors must attend to many tasks to ensure that goods are shipped and delivered in a timely manner and that inventory levels are sufficiently maintained. Overall, ensure the Safety of Staff/Work Environment, Quality of Product and Deliveries daily.
- Manage and coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities for district warehouses and stores (@RM /MR locations)
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of the organization.
- Direct and review work plan for assigned staff daily /weekly/monthly/ annually.
- Implement appropriate safety guidelines and investigate injuries or unsafe conditions.
- Monitor storeroom and warehouse material usage.
- Provide assistance in warehouse space utilization by designing facility layouts to achieve maximum storage efficiency.
- Develop delivery schedules and drop shipment strategies.
- Maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage.
- Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Department on employee relations and issues.
- Prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
- Assist with budget preparation and administration.
- Coordinate warehousing and storeroom activities with outside agencies and organizations.
- Discover new trends and innovations in the fields of warehousing and storage programs.
- This position requires attendance at Humboldt, TN facility during core working hours of the plant shipping and receiving departments. This may include hours to assist the service department. The core hours are 7AM to 5PM Monday through Friday and may change accordingly.
- During annual inventory attendance is mandatory.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
This position has Shipping & Receiving clerks and warehouse keeper’s reporting to him/her.
This job operates in a professional manufacturing environment. This role will routinely be exposed to loud noises such as air-powered tools/presses, oil/dirt, and forklift traffic. Additionally, this position will require some use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and arms to handle, feel and/or reach. Some lifting of parts may be required when necessary; ability to lift a minimum of 35-50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Hours for this position are 7AM to 5PM Monday through Friday and may change based on business needs.
What do we expect from you?
Other Skills or Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Ability or some exposure to assembly with hardware and wiring tools (i.e. wire cutters/soldering, point-to-point, nuts/bolts, wire crimpers, ratchet wrench, hammer, etc.).
- Education and Training: Experience and Training in Warehouse, Shipping/Receiving Management, Industrial Safety Management or working knowledge from on-the-job training
- Decision Making: Must have good decision-making skills to be able to consider the relative cost and benefits of potential actions to decide on the best one.
- Communication Skill: Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively negotiate with carriers, suppliers, custom brokers, and customers.
- System Evaluation: Be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance that are relative to the goals of the system.
- Complex Problem Solving: Must have the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solution.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management
- Written communication
- Computer Skills
- Flexibility for overtime, as needed
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check required
Reinhausen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Reinhausen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This is what we offer. And much more.
An easy way to the right contactSydney Segraves
Ansprechpartner Berufserfahrene / Contact Person Experienced Professionals